Impactnet Africa, (previously Olives Media), was launched in Kenya by Andrew Omogo in December of 2010 as an advocacy platform for Public Policy issues and the rebranded in 2019. In 2022, we have now became an exclusively news source and have handed over other projects to our new parent entity, Nelam Incorporated. We are passionate about and heavily invest in media, technology and innovation to solve seemingly complex public policy challenges.
Andrew Omogo, the founder, is a 2014 President Barrack Obama’s Mandela Washington Fellow, media and tech entrepreneur and public policy activist, a little bit obsessed with using media and technology to advance democracy and proper governance.
We now concentrate on helping various sections of society through telling of stories that have impact, especially across the African continent. We partner with various organizations, mostly startups, in developing the best policy concepts for projects that gain our interest.
Impactnet Africa contributes to the well being of our world by contributing to the following United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- SDG One: No Poverty
- SDG Three: Good Health and Well Being
- SDG Seven: Affordable and Clean Energy
- SDG Eight: Decent Work and Economic Growth
- SDG Nine: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
- SDG Ten: Reduced Inequalities
- SDG Twelve: Responsible Consumption and Production
- SDG Sixteen: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions